April 01, 2021
Why you should choose a professional DJ company.
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life. It's a day that should be a celebration of your love of each other. Why not leave a professional in charge of the music. There are 9 things a DJ can do for your wedding celbrations that will make your wedding day easier.
1) A professional DJ brings all their own equipment.
It's more than just speakers and iPod. Speakers, mixers, controller, music, lights. But it's not just about the equipment.
2) A professional DJ will read a room.
Every wedding is different, your guests body language, how they dress, and how they come into the hall has an impact on the evening. I gauge the tone of the room from the first moment a guest walks in and how they respond to the music I'm playing at any given moment.
3) Will play appropriate songs for your event.
If their response is positive, it gives me the greenlight to proceed. Otherwise, the cocktail music will adapt until I get the mostly positive reaction I'm looking for.
4) Will monitor the dancefloor to make sure your guests are dancing.
Once the dance begins, your DJ should be on top of playing the songs that keep your guests rocking. But also making sure there's enough diversity in the playlist to make all your guests happy.
5) Will monitor the volume of the music.
In addition to keeping the dancefloor busy, your DJ must also keep a close eye on the volume of the dancefloor. Too loud or too quiet, is not condusive to a great party
6) Will engage with your guests so they have a fantastic party.
Guest interaction is important, I make great effort to connect with your guests and make sure they're happy.
7) Will set up the speakers in best practice for the room/acoustics, and number of guests.
Field of sound is super important.
8) Will provide a clean aesthetically pleasing setup.
A professional-looking setup means no stray cables, and a symmetry in how their area is set up.
9) Will have proper insurance.
Insurance is just an important practicality. :)